Here are some pictures and videos that Lindsey forgot to post from the 2013 hunting season.
We started out October with McCall killing her first buck. We laid in the sage for two hours waiting for him to stand up. When he did, McCall made a nice 200 yard shot.
A couple weeks later we went on our annual Washington deer hunt. It was Wyatt's first year hunting and he made a great 160 yard shot on this doe. She had spotted us (and by us I mean Kai getting into position to shoot one of the other deer with her), and Wyatt had to make a quick, clean shot (sorry for not cleaning the blood off her muzzle before taking the picture). I think Wyatt's smile says it all.
Grandpa Hunt came with us and made it the best year we've had up there.
The day after Wyatt smoked his deer, Kai made a great 275 yard shot on this nice eight point buck. We were two miles from the vehicles and had to drag him uphill for a couple hours...there's no way I could have done it without Grandpa Hunt's help. Kai and Wyatt are strong, but still a little scrawny.
My new favorite thing to do is video my kids providing free-range organic meat for our family. Here is the video of Kai's deer. Be warned, this animal dies in the video!
Brothers don't shake hands, brothers hug!
I had to get a picture with this deer because I've never shot a whitetail that big. Since I was the guide, it was pretty much my deer as well, right?
In November, McCall killed her second elk in two years. She killed this cow about a half a mile away from where she killed her cow last year. This was an amazing shot. We bumped the herd and had to run about 200 yards to catch up to where we could get a shot (this is why McCall's face is a little red in the picture). Once we got to a rock outcropping where we could shoot, McCall had to calm her breathing down enough to make a 350 yard shot. To top it off, the herd knew where we were and were leaving, so McCall only had a couple seconds to shoot. Needless to say, she is an amazing huntress! One shot later, we had some more free-range, organic meat on the ground.
Warning, another animal hits the dirt in this video!

6 comments:
Good job on your first blog post Daniel. I'm impressed. Sorry I forgot to leave off all that hunting stuff! Ha! :)
-Lindz
I am glad that you remembered to post all of these pictures of dead animals. If I had to be stuck in the wilderness with one other family it would be yours because I know we would eat. I really like your new family picture.
I almost gave up on your blog it has been so long. I loved all the hunting pictures. That shot on the video was awesome, good job mccall. They all did a great job!
I love the videos, Evan and I watched them and I can hear Kai each time excited. I love the pictures of the kids, the animals are fine but the kids having fun with their dad is more fun to see. You should have cleaned that poor deer of wyatts face off! After all of this you will have to send deer meet with your kids in their lunches, you will have too much meat.
I really liked that you actually took of video of killing them. Scotlin thought it was so cool and wants to know when she can have a gun. You kids are really tough! That is so much meat to cut up, I cannot imagine that was fun. Your kids are really impressive!
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy! I love it when the Deweys BLOG! And this post is impressive--i am especially impressed with McCall's 350-yard shot on the elk! Nothing better than free-range organic :).
Post a Comment