Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Dewey Family Reunion 2013

For our 2013 Dewey Family Reunion, my parents rented a cabin and all of my siblings and their families came up for 3 1/2 days of canoeing the Henry's Fork of the Snake, Yellowstoning (we got stuck in a traffic jam for 45 minutes…I was expecting to see a bear or wolf and it was five stupid buffalo…I was about ready to shoot somebody), hot tubbing and eating.  The kids had a blast running around with all of their cousins.  However, the highlight of the reunion (for me) was participating in a billiards tournament.  Lindsey and I were, by far, the worst pool players (except for Mom and Dad, who almost beat us), but got lucky and got a bye that put us in the championship game.  From that point in time we just plain got lucky (although my signature behind-the-back pool shot could have sealed the deal as well).  So, needless to say, we were crowned the pool champions.  Our prize was an amazing picture of Jon, Mason, and Noah that was defaced before we could even get it properly placed in a position of honor in the cabin.  Anyone with information leading to the exposure of the criminals will be handsomely rewarded…please forward any information to Jon or Carin and they will decide if the information is pertinent to the investigation.
Quin was not being a willing participant for this photo shoot
Blondies on the Boardwalk

The dumb buffalo that we had to wait 45 minutes for...
Getting ready for our canoe float
Five little girls checking out minnows


Daniel decided to let the boys do all the work





5 comments:

MacElwee Family said...

We did have a really great time! I loved the pool game, it was surprising how good mom and dad were. I can promise I did not take the prize! I love all the pictures of the little girls together. What good friends they all are. I wish we all lived a bit closer to hang out more. I was ticked about the buffalo too, what a joke!

Anonymous said...

Test.

Grandma Hunt said...

I just LOVE to see all of the fun things you guys do and the scenery is always beautiful!! My favorite picture is of the 5 little blonds standing on the railing, especially Carson and her "hip action". I also love the first picture....Quin screaming while everyone else is calmly posing for the picture.

Chad and Lisle said...

So fun, I am kind of sad I didn't get to float the river. I guess we will have to come up next year with you guys, perhaps on a warmer day in that we can jump in and swim a bit. I am still mad at those stupid people that would get out of the way and made up wait there for 45 min. OH well....

GGD said...

I would like some copies of your pictures. I sometimes forget what a great time we had! We sure do have cute grandkids!