So, the four oldest kids and I went deer hunting last month and we were sitting on this hill for the evening hunt. I told the kids I was going to go pee and that they needed to be extra watchful because that is when deer always come out. As I turned to go, I looked up and there were four bucks on a hillside about a half a mile away...game on! So we snuck up to within 250 yards and Wyatt had first shot. The deer were bedded down and the biggest one never got up. Wyatt broke his neck at 250 yards with one shot! The other three were little two points and I guess because their leader was still laying in his bed, they thought all was safe. Anyway, they stood around looking at Wyatt's deer while we shot all of them. It was the most fun I've had hunting. Anyway, here is a picture and I will post more after church.
.

5 comments:
That is quite the family picture!!!! Waiting for the rest.....
Oh wow, sweet. That is a really cool picture. That is really fun that the 3 of them can shoot some big deer now. I bet Lindsey likes it also, so you have to take them eh?
I don't know much about deer hunting but I bet that is rare to have 4 people in a family each shoot a deer within 5 minutes of each other. Congrats!!!
I was thinking about this today and came to the conclusion that I think they were a special education group, who doesn't run when someone gets shot? That is a really cute picture of all of them.
I love the picture! The story seriously does not seem real. I told Aaron and he did not believe it at first.
Post a Comment