I laugh at myself for publishing a post on downhill skiing at the end of June! But what can I say? We went skiing so much this winter that I'm just now getting caught up with all the loose ends I accumulated. Here is a highlight reel of our best 2013-2014 ski season.
Quin Learns to Ski
At the ripe age of 2 1/2 years, Quin was the youngest of my children to learn to ski.
Quin was all smiles her first day of skiing at Grand Targhee
Quin showing off her "pizza" after we finally let go of her harness. It took her most of the season to master this skill so watch this video with appreciation for the extensive "work" it took Daniel and I to teach her!
Not always willing to show off her skills...
Uncountable Days of Fabulous Skiing with Family
Carson's ready for the big slopes now.
Jed shows off his moves on the slopes.
Sibling Bonding at Sun Valley
As is our annual tradition, we had whiteout conditions for our annual Hunt Family Ski Trip.
Ash and Michael chillin' (literally!) in the blizzard!
Michael and I like to color-coordinate our ski ensembles.
Little blue-eyed Scout kept us company in the lodge.
Nin came to visit in April and we took her up to Targhee for some great spring skiing.
... And Uncountable Fabulous Days of Skiing with Friends!
This shot (which contains tons of different people from our ward) actually made the cover of our ward's Sunday Sacrament Meeting bulletin. We almost always have a few other families from our ward up at Targhee with us when we go skiing.
Despite the water droplet in the middle of the frame, this clip shows the older kids skiing in a group with 12 of their best ski buddies.
McCall and her best friend, Morgan Hurst
...And some of my best friends too! (Annalise Summers, Debbie Richards and Heather Hanamaikai)
Always surrounded by friends at Targhee!
We were able to catch a bit of the annual Pond Skimming Competition
This is a G-rated pond skim of a nice fellow dressed as a clown. Thankfully, I wasn't filming when a local snowboarder decided to take an R-rated, nude pond skim. Had to cover the kids eyes on that one!
Daniel looked at the blog and requested a video of someone "crashing and burning."
Some great Photobombing shots
Kai photobombed my "selfie" while we were skiing at Sun Valley.
Rachel's quick skiing abilities helped her photobomb this shot of Kai and Jed at Targhee.
We Learned Lots of New Skills This Year
Kai, Wyatt and Jed preparing to ski the cliff (double-black diamond) at Targhee.
Kai learning jumping skills.
Jed tried his hand at jumping too.
McCall and Kai preparing to ski the appropriately named "Mayday Bowl." This was one of their first double black diamond routes and they skied it exceptionally well.
I love the last picture, I also liked the video's, it was fun to see the kids. It makes me tired watching it, I can't imagine how much work it takes to take that many kids skiing, I barely can get my kids to church and afterward I need a nap.
I know how good the kids ski and I think it's incredible that at their age they can ski black diamonds! Just think....Quin's only 3 and Carson's only 5 and they can ski that well....WOW! I love the video where you're filming and all of the skiers that pass you try to spray you with snow
I really like your new family picture!! My favorite picture is Quinn's big smile on her first day and the cool picture of you guys on the slanted hill.
Love the blog update! Love the new family pictue up top! Love the Dewey's! I am sad we didn't make it up skiing with you guys at all this winter, you have inspired me to update my blog too
I would love to see more of your new family pictures on the blog as well! And you guys are just quite the skiiers, better than the rest of the dewey's all put together x's 100!!!
I am so glad that you updated your blog, I almost stopped checking it. Looks like you all had so much fun. I cannot believe that Quin can ski, that is really impressive. Your family is always doing fun stuff!
I had given up on looking at your blog, so I am super glad you posted again. I like the emails but I really like watching the videos. I can't believe Quin, she is so young and so good. It looks like such a fun family activity for winter....and spring.
9 comments:
I love the last picture, I also liked the video's, it was fun to see the kids. It makes me tired watching it, I can't imagine how much work it takes to take that many kids skiing, I barely can get my kids to church and afterward I need a nap.
I know how good the kids ski and I think it's incredible that at their age they can ski black diamonds! Just think....Quin's only 3 and Carson's only 5 and they can ski that well....WOW! I love the video where you're filming and all of the skiers that pass you try to spray you with snow
I really like your new family picture!! My favorite picture is Quinn's big smile on her first day and the cool picture of you guys on the slanted hill.
Love the blog update! Love the new family pictue up top! Love the Dewey's! I am sad we didn't make it up skiing with you guys at all this winter, you have inspired me to update my blog too
I would love to see more of your new family pictures on the blog as well! And you guys are just quite the skiiers, better than the rest of the dewey's all put together x's 100!!!
I loved watching the videos. Quin is really good, and all the other kids are fabulous skiers! Fun!
I am so glad that you updated your blog, I almost stopped checking it. Looks like you all had so much fun. I cannot believe that Quin can ski, that is really impressive. Your family is always doing fun stuff!
I had given up on looking at your blog, so I am super glad you posted again. I like the emails but I really like watching the videos. I can't believe Quin, she is so young and so good. It looks like such a fun family activity for winter....and spring.
P.S. I love that last picture it is so awesome!
Post a Comment