For two weeks in July we woke up bright and early every morning for 8:00 swim lessons. The kids had great instructors this year and really enjoyed their lessons. I think Kai can do a better butterfly stroke than me now! All the kids passed their levels and are much more confident in the water.
We put those swimming lessons to good use on three day trips out to Rigby Lake. My friend, Rachel, had rented some stand-up paddleboards and we had a blast swimming and paddling all over the lake. There’s just something so peaceful and serene about stand-up paddleboarding. I put Quin on the front of my board and the two of us paddle around. Sometimes she likes to come and stand between my legs and hold on as I paddle. I really love it – well, at least until one of my older kids swims over and hijacks my board!
 |
| Quin loves to just splash around in the shallows when she's not on the paddleboard with me. |
 |
| Carson loves to go out on the paddleboards and then jump off into the water and swim back to shore. |
 |
| Jed taking the paddleboard for a spin all by himself. |
 |
| I don't know what he has in the bucket, but he looks like he's up to no good. |
 |
| Kai - trying to build a sandcastle AND keep his cast dry and clean. |
 |
| McCall and her friends playing in the sand. |
 |
| Their final creation? They turned Amber into a mermaid! |
 |
| Nin joined us for paddleboarding one day - she's so confident on a paddleboard she goes in her street clothes. |
 |
| Quin and I heading out for paddleboarding. |
 |
| Looks like we're about to get hijacked! |
1 comment:
Looks like so much fun. I wish we would have had these paddle boards when we went to Lake Powell. I guess we will just have to go to Lake Powell again and bring some. But maybe this time we can rent a house boat so we can get our money back if something goes wrong.
The lake looks beautiful. I love that picture of Carson in the water....so pretty.
Post a Comment