Friday, November 1, 2013

4th of July at the Cabin



July makes me smile.  Summer always has been my favorite season and July is when things really start gearing up and getting fun!  We started off July much as we always do, up at the cabin for the Oakley 4th of July Rodeo and Celebration.  We started off the festivities with the Oakley Independence Day parade.  I think Quin is finally getting the hang of obtaining parade candy.  She used to just stand there in a kind of sugar-induced stupor wondering why candy was being thrown at her.  She’d pick up the candy directly in front of her, but not really go after other pieces of candy.  It’s sweet to watch Kai and Wyatt run around scooping up candy and then, without being asked, go and gently toss it in front of Quin.  I’ve even seen Kai toss candy to other neighboring toddlers just to make sure that they were getting some.  They’re good kids.  We also went up to Millhollow Reservoir for a picnic and to play around in the water for an afternoon.  The grand finale of our 4th of July celebrations is always the Oakley Independence Day Rodeo.  We've attended the Oakley Rodeo for almost 20 years now and never been rained on.  This year we suffered through a downpour.  The rodeo was good this year, but the weather was miserable.  Overall, we had a wonderful 4th of July up at the cabin and an even better time hanging out with family.

Quin practicing her dance moves at the Oakley Independence Day Parade.

Carson is subconsciously marching with the band in this clip.  So sweet.

Quin shows off her amazing beauty queen wave in this clip.

Daniel showing off some leg at Millhollow Reservoir.
Chillin' in the kiddie pool on the back lawn of the cabin.
Oops!  Looks like someone forgot to set the brake on the four-wheeler.  Good thing those things are built tough.  With some ingenuity and some towing from the Suburban, we got it out and it was fine.
Texas' favorite day of the year!  Firework-eating Day!


4 comments:

Grandma Hunt said...

that was a FUN, FUN weekend.....except for the rain at the rodeo. I love the video clips. My favorite one has to be Quin dancing and Texas really is crazy....not afraid at all of the fireworks.

Chad and Lisle said...

Oh how I love July! I miss it already. I am so sad it is getting cold. Quin might be the cutest little thing in that pink cowgirl hat. SO cute! And Carson marching to the beat with the band was so funny. You do have a crazy dog, I think most dogs would run away from fire works. Ha. I haven't seen your other dog....can't remember its name, she looks beautiful.

GGD said...

Loved Quinny and Carson at the parade - so innocent and cute! Looks like a fun month.

MacElwee Family said...

We loved Carson at the parade marching. Also, that had that Quin was wearing looked really cute. Looks like a lot of fun. We also noticed that the fireworks were really short this year.