Sunday, October 27, 2013

The First Week of Summer Vacation - National Donut Day & "R" Butte

For the first weekend of June, Lindsey had her best friend from high school, Amanda Shaw, and her kids come to visit while I was gone on a scout camp.  They decided to celebrate National Donut Day (June 1st) while the Shaws were up here visiting and Amanda brought up a box of delicious, yummy donuts.  Unfortunately, by the time Jed, Wyatt and I got home from scout camp, most of the donuts had been devoured, but we still were able to eat a donut or two.  Afterwards, we all went on a hike up “R” Butte to work off a donut or two.  It was a nice day and, other than chasing the dogs around a bit, a nice hike.  It was fun to have Amanda and her kids visit.


National Donut Day - June 1st 


The dogs wanted to celebrate National Donut Day too

Quin utilizing the easiest option of getting to the top of "R" Butte

Wyatt is super-excited to have made it to the top
The girls were excited too!


Sweet little girls at the top

Still best buds



3 comments:

Liz Dewey said...

Well that sure looks like a fun little hike. I love the picture of Carson helping Quin out- I think they will be good friends!

Carin Byington said...

I can't believe you have two dogs. Our kids are really jealous. I keep forgetting about national doughnut day - that would be fun to celebrate.

MacElwee Family said...

I forgot you guys were celebrating all those holidays. I love that you guys do so many activities outside and together.