Early in June, Lindsey ran a race at Soldier Hollow (by Park City) called the Dirty Dash with our friends the
Hursts and the Helfrichs. The Dirty Dash is an Army-style, 10k race that involves running, sliding, climbing and/or swimming through obstacles covered in mud. Lindsey thought it was great. With three families, there were nineteen of us staying for the weekend at the cabin (the cabin only sleeps 16, so we
made the boys sleep outside in a tent). The
funniest thing (besides seeing Lindsey and her team totally covered in mud)
were the $6 hot showers. As we were
walking to the starting line we passed a sign for $6 hot showers and everyone
scoffed at paying $6 for a hot shower.
However, by the time they finished the race, Lindsey said she would have
paid $60 for a hot shower. So, instead
of getting in a hot shower to warm up, Lindsey pancaked herself on a black, muddy
asphalt parking lot to absorb enough heat to get herself back to the vehicles. It was hilarious! I decided that the race was too close to my Alaska,
Wyoming, and Idaho
hunts (between McCall and I we have nine tags to fill this fall) to risk
twisting an ankle in a mud pit, but it looked like a ton of fun…maybe next
year.
Before the race
During the race
After the race
The kids shot us with water guns and cheered for us from the sidelines
All cleaned up and ready for church the next day
Going through the final mud pit to the finish line
That looks fun, but I would do it int he middle of the hot summer. You forgot to mention how she took off her shirt....because she was so cold. ha that is so funny.
3 comments:
It looks fun but horrible. The kids look nice all dressed up for church.
That looks fun, but I would do it int he middle of the hot summer. You forgot to mention how she took off her shirt....because she was so cold. ha that is so funny.
That looks horrible! I would never be in a race period, but also not climb or swim through mud. I hate getting dirty! Linds you are a trooper!
Post a Comment